[extropy-chat] John Wright Finds God

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Wed Dec 15 19:51:13 UTC 2004

>As for psi phenomena, there is plenty of experimental evidence.

Granting this (as I do, to the horror of many extropes), there is no
obvious link between that evidence and claims of the supernatural.

Granting its validity for the sake of the discussion, psi evidence might
suggest that, e.g., quantum entanglement *can* convey information under
some circumstances, etc; what it doesn't do (unless a deity bafflingly
likes to help willing subjects gain scores of 70%, at best, when 50% or 20%
would be expected by chance) is manifest the activities of a divine
designer/sustainer of our observable ontology. No more than lightning,
however inexplicable at the time, proved the reality of a thundering storm god.

Damien Broderick