[extropy-chat] Re: Damien grants psi evidence

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sat Dec 18 22:56:17 UTC 2004

At 11:23 AM 12/18/2004 -0600, I wrote:

 >Strangely enough, the obvious fallibilities of this test have also
 >occurred to Ertel, who has set up procedures to obviate them.

Anyone interested in looking at his protocol in greater detail (in a paper
from several years ago), and his own analysis of the risks, precautions and
post-cautions, might turn to:

http://www.psych.uni-goettingen.de/home/ertel/ertel-dir/downloads/ertelchapterwithfigurespdf.pdf

People made angry by the very idea of psi will find aspects to infuriate
them--`Psi-*missing*?? We call it *getting the wrong answer!!*' as Randi
says blithely (I paraphrase). Others might care to examine Ertel's
reasoning and results.

Damien Broderick