[extropy-chat] ASTRO: Hubble breaking news...

Kevin Freels kevinfreels at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 9 19:46:59 UTC 2004

If they are going to sacrifice the Hubble, does this mean that anyone who
can reach it and service it before it falls to Earth can claim it as their
own? That's a lot of expensive equipment going to waste. Surely someone else
will take it on. This isn't MIR, it is the world's one and only kick-ass
Hubble orbital space telescope!

>From what I understand (and I may be wrong) all it needs is some new
gyroscopes and batteries. At the very least, couldn;t it be given a boost
into High Earth Orbit? This may give it some additional free time on the
cheap and fill some of that gap before thw James Webb comes online in 2011
(if it gets done in time).

Kevin Freels