[extropy-chat] gay marriage

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 17 16:21:04 UTC 2004

> Kevin Freels
> Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] gay marriage
>
> This is really no different than the other laws that have been passed
> concerning behavior. I'm surprised people can still smoke in
> their own homes or cars in California...

Oh, so you haven't heard?  {8^D

> What surprises me is that there isn;t a hefty "gay marriage tax"...

There is.  If they file as a married couple, they will pay the
same marriage tax as the rest of us.  If both make good
money, it is a high price indeed.

> Isn't this the normal way of attacking a non-sanctioned behavior?

Ja.  {8-[

> ...The licenses are being handed out. That is
> progress. The people who don;t like it will make fools of
> themselves. Maybe they will even quote scripture while being
interviewed.

That would be interesting.  Sooner or later one of them
will say that the bible calls for the death penalty for
homosexuals, perhaps citing the Sodom and Gomorrah story.
That should persuade the masses that these protesters
are wacko and possibly dangerous.

> ... Maybe I should go study to become
> a preacher! There's a thought!

I tried that.  Didn't work.  {8-]  spike