[extropy-chat] Re: gay marriage

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 18 16:37:04 UTC 2004

--- Christian Weisgerber <naddy at mips.inka.de> wrote:
> Giu1i0 Pri5c0 <gpmap at runbox.com> wrote:
>
> > But again, what does this have to do with Muslims? Right wing
> Christian
> > fundamentalists say the same things and worse. They also act
> instead than
> > only talking, for example by beating gay couples and burning their
> houses.
>
> Yes, but fundamentalist Christians are good Americans, which means
> they receive an enormous bonus of good will on this intensely
> chauvinist mailing list.  When I mentioned a few days ago that the
> U.S. needs to start a crusade against the Bible Belt, there was a
> timid suggestion of public ridicule and better education in public
> schools.  No suggestion of sending in the troops, killing the
> leaders, razing the churches, and sending the masses to forced
> re-education camps, which would be more in line with the comments
> typically advanced at the Muslim world here.  Even Robert Bradbury
> failed to offer his customary suggestion of just genociding the
> whole bunch.

When fundamentalists issue a fatwa against all humanist-American
citizens, bomb several embassies, put up a bounty of $50,000 for each
homicide bomber who kills secular humanists for the cause, assassinate
reporters, and fly several airliners into major buildings, they you can
make a reasonable case that they are a morally equivalent threat.

Until that happens they are just a bunch of wackos beating their wives
and kids and promulgating ignorance, i.e. no different than alleged
'moderate' muslims who abhor radical islam.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark
                                       - Mike Lorrey