[extropy-chat] Stump bill - cryonics regulation

Fred C. Moulton moulton at moulton.com
Mon Feb 23 03:30:17 UTC 2004

Thanks for the links.  I took a quick look at the bill and while IANAL
it looks like it throws a very wide net since I would not be surprised
if medical schools store and use body parts for more than 5 years.  It
may be worth investigating to see if the medical schools would support
an effort to get the bill amended to exclude "anatomical donations".

Also does this apply to medical research labs?  I know there are a lot
of medical facilities in the Phoenix area but I do not know if they do
much basic research that could subject them to this bill.  If the does
apply to them then I doubt if they would be happy with the bill since it
would drive up their costs.

I hope these questions are helpful.

Fred