[extropy-chat] Nutraceutical advice needed

Extropian Agroforestry Ventures Inc. megao at sasktel.net
Wed Jan 7 18:34:00 UTC 2004

Hi Mike:

One thing that comes to mind is dimethy-sulfoxide, a common aprotic solvent and lab
catalyst.  It has the interesting property of facilitating the transport of small
and medium sized molecules accross physical barriers such as skin , blood-brain
barrier and colon.

http://www.dmso.org/subLevels/literature.htm
I have not reviewed this site completely but it summarizes some relevant
literature.

As a personal note I consumed about a teaspoonful of 100 % DMSO- spectro  grade for
about 4 years from 1973-1977.  It tastes like bitterish  garlic.  It has a warm
taste as it dilates surface blood vessels.  After a few days you get used to it.
It does have one downside, your breath will contain dimethysulfide so you will reek
of garlic.  There is a 90% solution available in the veterinary use area.

A lot has been said about this compound, but it falls in the orphan drug category ,
and it has never caught the financial fancy of any pharma company

Having said all this, I think you may find it quite useful overall.

The trade publication "natural health products industry  insider" has had industry
product review articles one of which has focused on colon health.

http://www.naturalproductsinsider.com
http://cgi.vpico.com/search/search.asp?simple=yes&index=npindex&request=colon

Morris Johnson