[extropy-chat] ENOUGH already

Paul Grant paulgrant999 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 9 00:30:37 UTC 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Matus
Sent: Thursday, December 25, 2003 5:33 AM
To: 'ExI chat list'
Subject: RE: [extropy-chat] ENOUGH already

Charlie Stross said:

> I'd like to add to that: war seems to me to be about as anti-extropic
> as you can get. The triumph of brute force over enlightenment,
> destruction, death and despair on a massive scale. An excuse for the
> enemies of freedom on every side to chip away at civil rights. The
> ascendency of dehumanization is the *opposite* of transhumanism.

I would like to disagree with that.  War is neither intrinsically
extropic nor anti-extropic.  If one of the parties at war is less
extropic, and it wins, then war is anti-extropic.

- careful their kimo sabe, thats a dangerous line your walking;
put another way, if you will grant me, a small society that is
"extropic".. which by definition, leads a less "extropic" society
comprised of the majority.  So when does the bloody revolution start,
comrade? :)  Direct consequence of your statements, you understand.

As u can see, I have to agree with Charlie :)

Michael