[extropy-chat] Moon news

natashavita at earthlink.net natashavita at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 9 15:26:16 UTC 2004

From: Jose Cordeiro

Subject: [extropy-chat] Moon news

"UPI Exclusive: Bush OKs new moon missions

By FRANK SIETZEN JR. AND KEITH L. COWING, United Press International

WASHINGTON, Jan. 8 (UPI) -- American astronauts will return to the moon
early in the next decade in preparation for sending crews to explore
Mars and nearby asteroids, President Bush is expected to propose next week
as part of a sweeping reform of the U.S. space program."

This is exciting.  I listened to a full report on the radio this morning
and was gleeful that as a side-event, maybe the space tourism industry will
finally be able to piggyback on the advances of a larger industry - NASA.
NASA has made many mistakes, to be sure, however it just might make the big
leap we all have been waiting for in the surge to develop a better system
to counter rocket booster problems.

Of course there will be plenty of organizations blocking this next step,
but if we NASA can get the "American" public to rally around its future
misssions, it could bring back some of that ole' space age enthusiasm.

Natasha

Natasha Vita-More
http://www.natasha.cc