[extropy-chat] What to do with $100B? Mars, Nano or Life?

Jose Cordeiro jose_cordeiro at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 10 01:28:54 UTC 2004

Dear Robert,

     You pose a fundamental question. What to do with a hundred billion dollars?

     I would agree with you that it is a lot of money just to go to Mars, but also just for nanotechnology. With that amount of money, we could probably find the secrets of life extension and even immortality?

    Your message puts light in a fundamental economic concept: opportunity cost. And between Mars and immortality, I take the second without any doubts.

     And later I would go to Mars as well:-)

     Extropianily yours,

     La vie est belle!

     Yosé

Robert J. Bradbury bradbury at aeiveos.com
Fri Jan 9 17:23:15 MST 2004

   If a Mars program would cost $100B consider what that could
do if invested in nanotech development...

La vie est belle!

Yosé (www.cordeiro.org)

Caracas, Venezuela, Americas, TerraNostra