[extropy-chat] Fw: Deconstruction deconstructed....

Mon Jan 12 00:18:09 UTC 2004

Eliezer S. Yudkowsky wrote,
> Harvey Newstrom wrote:
> > This doesn't make sense.  You think all the speakers were bogus and
> > off-topic, and the only person on-topic was the author?
>
> This sounds entirely plausible to me.  Nothing in the article
> contradicts what I have heard of postmodernism from other
> writers I respect.

I agree.  I am not defending postmodernism or deconstructionism.

But remember he was talking about a cyberspace engineering conference, not a
postmodernism conference.  Some of US might have been at that conference!
Imagine if he showed up to a WTA conference or an ExI conference about
cyberspace and claimed that we were all deconstructionists with no
understanding of technical matters.

I would find that hard to believe.

--
Harvey Newstrom, CISSP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC
Certified IS Security Pro, Certified IS Auditor, Certified InfoSec Manager,