[extropy-chat] Re: Fermi Paradox and Simulation Argument

Hartmut hartmut.prochaska at gmx.net
Mon Jan 19 19:58:23 UTC 2004

Hi,

> The key word in this sentence is "appear".  If, as Milan Cirkovic has
> proposed the best computational location for MBrains is intergalactic space
> (which is good if one believes the dispersal/stealth and hazard avoidance
> arguments as well) then there is very little evidence that would argue
> against the fact that shortly after attaining XYZBrain status such
> superintelligences leave their galaxies.  There may even be some evidence
> *for* this scenario in the missing dark matter/dark energy.

perhaps we should take a sharp look at the galactic poles with hubble before
it dives back to earth. Because at the poles you get the low temperatures for
computation and also the needed mater deliverd to you for practical no costs
by the jets of the local black hole. Just call "7777 galactic rim" .

cheers
Hartmut

--
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who
said it--no matter if I have said it--unless it agrees