EDU: Public Schools (Was: Re: [extropy-chat]Gametheoryofcommoncold)

Fri Jan 23 07:00:36 UTC 2004

Samantha Atkins wrote,
> Charity that is forced *is* evil.  Do we agree on that much?

Not if Libertarians are going to define tax-supported schools as enforced
charity, I don't agree.

Mike Lorrey wrote,
> Harvey is making a logical fallacy in claiming that his
> *entirely private* charity work makes forced charity through
> government programs "not evil". How he makes such a logical
> leap is beyond me...

I do not make this claim.  I don't see how my private charity work could
have any bearing on government charity programs.

--
Harvey Newstrom, CISSP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC
Certified IS Security Pro, Certified IS Auditor, Certified InfoSec Manager,