[extropy-chat] EDU: Georgia and Evolution

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 31 02:13:48 UTC 2004

> Kevin Freels
>
> That's terrific! It sure would help us in America if we had a bunch of
> 30-130 thousand year old fossilized neanderthal bones all around us...

Nooooooooo!  A profoundly misguided government policy
now grants native Americans the right to claim *any*
ancient skeletons as their ancestors, thus giving them
the right to bury the remains far from scientific
investigation.  Paleontology in the US is effectively
slain until the policy is overturned.  Let us hope no
scientifically valuable human skeletons are discovered
in North America any time soon.