[extropy-chat] CULTURE: Manifesto at Saturn!

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Thu Jul 1 02:44:10 UTC 2004

Greetings World/Space H> Enthusiasts !

The Manifesto "Transhumanist Arts Statement" is reaching Saturn!

"In October of 1997, the Manifesto was sent into space on board the Cassini
Huygens spacecraft. It is the first writings of transhumanity to leave the
earth and travel through the Asteroid Belt to Saturn. By this, the meme "We
are transhumans . . ." has spread far beyond Earth, out into the Solar System."
http://www.esa.int/SPECIALS/Cassini-Huygens/

TRANSHUMANIST ARTS STATEMENT
A Manifesto for Transhumans -

We are transhumans
our art integrates the most eminent progression
of creativity and sensibility
merged by discovery.

Transhumanist Arts represent the aesthetic and creative culture of
transhumanity.
Transhumanist Artists are developing new and varied modes of art.
Our aesthetics and expressions are merging with science and technology in
designing increased sensory experiences.

Transhumans want to improve and extend life.
We are designing the technologies to improve and extend life.
Emotions are integral to our senses and understanding.
We are designing the technologies to enhance our senses and understanding.

The transhumanist ecology and freedom exercises self-awareness and
self-responsibility.
If our art represents who we are, then let us choose to be transhumanist
not only in our bodies, but also in our values.
Transhumanist Artists embrace the creative innovations of transhumanity.
We are ardent activists in pursuing infinite transformation, overcoming
death and exploring the universe.

Transhumans want to improve and extend life.
We are designing the technologies to improve and extend life.
Emotions are integral to our senses and understanding.
We are designing the technologies to enhance our senses and understanding.

As Transhumanist Arts come into focus
As more artists join our efforts
As more designs are produced
As more music is composed
As more stories are written
As the tools and ideas of our art continue to evolve,
So too shall we.

Natasha Vita-More

Natasha Vita-More
http://www.natasha.cc