[extropy-chat] LIST: Nominating Moderators

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Fri Jul 2 16:21:46 UTC 2004

--- Kevin Freels <megaquark at hotmail.com> wrote:
> What about the reverse where everything is published
> unless a certain number
> of negative responses are received?

One would need to put a time limit on this - probably
no more than an hour at the extreme, preferably much
less - to allow for timely debate.  It would act as
a kill switch, to allow the moderators to halt flame
wars and the like in their tracks.

More importantly, the sheer number of posts might
overwhelm moderators, such that many otherwise-worthy
posts would fall through the cracks; affected members
would only see that their posts aren't getting
through.  And it would only allow posts to go through
when the moderators happen to be online.  (We don't
have moderators on duty 24/7, right?)