[extropy-chat] Re: Redneck Transhumanists

Sat Jul 3 23:39:10 UTC 2004

Olga Bourlin writes:

> "Redneck" made its first impression on me in late 1966 (strange that I can
> still remember this incident).  Walt Disney died.  An acquaintance of mine
> said (of Disney) - "He was a redneck."  At that time "redneck" was used
> interchangeably with "cracker" and "racist," and meant a white Southern
> bigot.

I grew up in Florida, with Southern crackers, and in the shadow of Disney
World.  I'm afraid that this is the meaning of the word "redneck"  that I
grew up with.

 --
Harvey Newstrom, CISSP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC
<HarveyNewstrom.com>