[extropy-chat] Read All About It

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Tue Jul 13 08:28:54 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 08:06:17PM -0700, Adrian Tymes wrote:

> How about a small touchpad on the side of the
> glasses?  Big enough to sense up/down/left/right and
> "hard" (finger pressing so much it covers most of the
> pad), which could be a click.  (Though you'd want a
> little latency, so you can go from nothing to click
> without acting on the up/down/left/right you'd pass
> through.)

Fails even armchair usability tests. Gestures are easier. One could also
think about a hand mouse, with scroll wheel(s), thumb pad area, etc. UWB
should be low enough power for sufficiently long battery time at the range.

Don't forget voice input, too, it's easier than limb tracking from video.
I'm not sure whether using immobile CPU for crunch will fly, it will restrict
usability outside of home.

Otoh, there's always the disparity how much crunch you can get for the given
battery time.