[extropy-chat] Re: Politics: US talks of suspending elections

Brian Lee brian_a_lee at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 14 15:10:28 UTC 2004

Actually, negative adds make people not vote.

So Kerry plays anti-Bush ads and fewer Bush supporters vote.
Bush plays anti-Kerry ads and fewer Kerry supporters vote.

I found this link through google:
http://pcl.stanford.edu/common/docs/research/iyengar/1996/goingneg.html
but I also found some contrary papers so I could be wrong.

My thinking is that negative ads and hatred don't motivate people to vote
and/or to change their situation. Positivity and hope for improvement
motivate people to vote.

BAL