[extropy-chat] Politics: Extropian party

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Wed Jul 14 21:33:29 UTC 2004

--- Acy James Stapp <astapp at fizzfactorgames.com>
wrote:
> I have had a few thoughts on extropianism as a
> political
> movement.

If I may say so, you expressed them quite well.

> In order
> to compete
> politically our candidates need to be professional
> politicians.
> They need the affect, the appearance, and the
> attitude to be
> elected. In short, they need to be 'electable'.

Random thought: which extropians (not necessarily
Extropians, but people who agree with our general
outlook) are both electable and would not mind serving
in elected office?  (Or is this too likely to get into
personal threads, some of which might be taken poorly,
to be worth debating on the list, especially if it
involves discussion of list members?  If not...I
suspect I'd have a lot to learn to become electable
myself, and I would not wish to run for office right
now even were that not the case.)