[extropy-chat] life extension

Technotranscendence neptune at superlink.net
Fri Jul 16 10:58:43 UTC 2004

On Friday, July 16, 2004 3:51 AM devon fowler dfowler282004 at yahoo.com
wrote:
> I know this subject has been kicked around
> plenty of times before, but how do we
> introduce the prospect of radical life
> extension to the lay public?  Ray Kurzweil
> did an interview on NPR and very breifly
> introduced the idea of radical life extension,
> but I think more needs to be done to get the
> general public to start demanding potential
> treatments on their own,  supply demand.  If
> these technologies are not properly
> introduced to the masses, I fear the price
> tag will be too high for those of us who most
> want it.  Any thoughts on how extropy or
> imminst can make life extension a more
> concrete idea in people's minds?

Well, life extension in its less radical forms is already out there and
there's a huge market for chemical life extension -- supplements,
hormone treatments, and the like.  Might not the "natural" audience for
more radical life extension pitch be there?

Cheers!

Dan
http://uweb.superlink.net/neptune/MyWorksBySubject.html