[extropy-chat] the secrets of George Bush's war service revealed

Dan Clemmensen dgc at cox.net
Sat Jul 31 23:56:57 UTC 2004

Extropian Agroforestry Ventures Inc. wrote:

>could you paste the text from that page to a message... or maybe send directly
>to me at               mfj.eav at gmail.com        ?
>
>everytime I go to the site it loads and just momentarily after it flips to a
>page not found
>page.
>
>It really ticks me off when somebody decides for me what I will or will not
>read.
>
>I had this happen only once before.
>I was at a british site downloading cannabis cultivation manuals and only got
>them because I was able to cut and paste the very instant the page loaded.

If you are using Mozilla or Firefox, (and maybe IE: I don't use windows
so I don't know)
you can right-click on the link to bring up a menu, and then select"
save link target as..."
Your browser will not load the link into a page, but will instead save
it to disk.
You should then be able to decontaminate the HTML if necessary. More
likely, it'll
just work when you look at it from you disk rather than from the web, or
if you
open it with a different HTML-reading program such as MSWord.

The more interesting question is: what program is doing the re-direct.
It sounds
like you may have hostile spyware on your system. I suspect the reload
is an unintended
side effect. Here is the link for you to experiment on:

http://us.gq.com/features/general/articles/040727feco_02