[extropy-chat] MOTION: Harvey off the Board

Emlyn ORegan Emlyn.Oregan at micromet.com.au
Mon Jun 7 04:29:52 UTC 2004

> Harvey Newstrom wrote:
> The WTA founders have been doing unethical things and hiding them from
> the members for a long time.  Things like selling members e-mail to
> spammers to make money, adding people to the membership rolls without
> their knowledge or permission, having secret agendas and methods not
> [snipped damning indictment of WTA executive]

Wow. As Harvey's integrity and veracity have always been impeccable
AFAIK, I'm prepared to accept this report on face value.

This is extraordinary news to me, that an important transhumanist voice
is being run so corruptly. It certainly doesn't do extropians any
favours that a group that should be a major ally is being so royally
screwed up (and now milked for all it's worth, apparently). Furthermore,
that it is James Hughes sets my teeth on edge, given his politics (and
I'm probably one of the more left people on extro-chat).

Should we be doing something about this? Is it time for the extro
community to join WTA as a block and throw some weight around? Would
that do any good?

Emlyn

Confidentiality: The contents of this email are confidential and are
intended only for the named recipient. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please reply to us immediately and delete the document.
No warranty is made that this material is free from computer virus or
other defect.