[extropy-chat] How are we going to do this?

Michael Howell vanmojo at msn.com
Thu Jun 10 00:09:24 UTC 2004

     I've got a question, I've seen numerous scenarios about amazing possibilities the future holds for expanding human potential: Intelligence Amplification, Uploading, Immortality, etc... But how are we actually going to DO this. It seems to me that there are two main obstacles:

          1) Financial: The above technologies are going to be expensive. Unless you volunteer to be a lab rat, you're going to have to consider how to acquire the money.

          2) Social: If you haven't noticed, society is pretty hostile to transhumanism. We're going to have a problem if the Luddite/Theocratic trend get's worse.

         Any ideas?