[extropy-chat] Group Hungover

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sun Jun 13 05:48:54 UTC 2004

At 06:43 PM 6/12/2004 -0700, Natasha quoted me:

>>I'm not an extropian, so I don't have a say, but as an interested
>>observer I'd recommend leaving this alone.
>
>Hey, I'm not an "extropian" either :-)

Eh? It says here: "President, Extropy Institute."

I know you don't like the clumsy term `extropianism', because it seems to
imply cultishness or clannishness or something, but I haven't seen any
suggestion that all the people on the list who call themselves extropians
(like Spike, say) are mistaken in doing so. What gives with that?

>Listen, you missed the point. It is the business of WTA, so let's leave it
>with WTA.

But that's what I just suggested: to leave it alone.

I find the next bit *extremely* puzzling:

>The only people drawing ExI into this are those, like you, who keep
>pinning one against the other.

Huh? My suggestion was that people *avoid* pitting one against the other,
even if goaded. Let the flames die down, right?

Damien Broderick