[extropy-chat] Group Hungover

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Sun Jun 13 01:43:41 UTC 2004

At 01:05 PM 6/12/04 -0500, Damien wrote:

>I'm not an extropian, so I don't have a say, but as an interested observer
>I'd recommend leaving this alone. Let it go out, probably not even any
>need to piss on it. Do we really benefit from having the People's Front of
>Judea brawling in public with the Judean People's Front? (When there were
>a few racists mouthing off on the exi list I felt differently; that was
>toxic and had to be dealt with.)

Hey, I'm not an "extropian" either :-)  I'm a transhumanist, always have been.

Listen, you missed the point. It is the business of WTA, so let's leave it
with WTA.  The only people drawing ExI into this are those, like you, who
keep pinning one against the other.  Let's have some respect for WTA and
leave their issues to their Board and those of us who are members of WTA.

I'd rather not see it on this list, but I'm not a moderator so I have no say.

If someone from the press is on this list (which I KNOW they are), and they
write anything about this and involve ExI in any way that is not true, I
will have to make a public statement.  It is my responsibility to do that
in deference to ExI's members.  I did NOT mention the press to start with,
someone else did and I responded to that.

Thanks,
Natasha

>Damien Broderick

Natasha Vita-More