[extropy-chat] cryonics = poseidon adventure

Harvey Newstrom mail at harveynewstrom.com
Sun Jun 13 20:55:09 UTC 2004

On Sunday, June 13, 2004, at 03:45 pm, Spike wrote:

>>> Central Florida?  Where in Central Florida?  Orlando?
>>>
>> Yeah.  Mousetown.
>
> Harvey Newstrom is one of lads from central Florida.

Yep.  Born and raised in Melbourne.  Unfortunately, I am currently
working for SAIC as a Principal Security Architect on the National
Archives and Records Administration in Washington, DC.  I only get back
home about once a month.

> Regarding your family outing you because of being a
> cryonicist, do get over that.  You might be surprised
> by having several of them come to the same conclusion
> you did: a long shot is better than no shot at all.

Forget it.  Families will think you're weird no matter what you do.
You have to do what you believe and not worry about what other people
think.  Your family will get over it, or possibly not.  But you have a
simple choice:  live your life the way you want to or the way others
want you to.  It's not an easy decision, but I think it is obvious.

--
Harvey Newstrom, CISSP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC
<HarveyNewstrom.com>