[extropy-chat] cryonics = poseidon adventure

Gregory Propf gpropf1 at cfl.rr.com
Mon Jun 14 01:52:33 UTC 2004

Spike wrote:

>Harvey Newstrom is one of lads from central Florida.
>I grew up in Titusville, about an hour to your right.
>Both geographically and politically.  {8^D
>
>Regarding your family outing you because of being a
>cryonicist, do get over that.  You might be surprised
>by having several of them come to the same conclusion
>you did: a long shot is better than no shot at all.

Oh I know.  Mostly I just make excuses.  One concern though is
insurance.  What are some of the policies people have had experience
with?  Good companies perhaps friendly to the cryonics movement?  I
really don't trust corporate bureacrats any more than the governmental
sort and I don't want to get the "Ted Williams" treatment with people
arguing over where the money is.  Also, how is the medical establishment
(another bunch I don't trust) made aware of one's preference?  Is there
a cryo tag you can wear like those allergy med-alert things?