[extropy-chat] cryonics = poseidon adventure

Harvey Newstrom mail at harveynewstrom.com
Mon Jun 14 03:00:18 UTC 2004

On Sunday, June 13, 2004, at 10:04 pm, Gregory Propf wrote:

> Harvey Newstrom wrote:
>

>> On Sunday, June 13, 2004, at 03:45 pm, Spike wrote:
>

>> Yep.  Born and raised in Melbourne.  Unfortunately, I am currently
>> working for SAIC as a Principal Security Architect on the National
>> Archives and Records Administration in Washington, DC.  I only get
>> back home about once a month.
>
> Nice to meet you Harvey.  Been reading on imminst about the whole
> foobar at WTA.  Pity about all that but I must admit that it's too
> much to follow at the moment.

Don't worry.  I'm not following WTA anymore either.

>   Bruce K. seems like a super nice guy.  Just the way he writes
> appeals to me.  Anyway, I post there as Kerr_Avon.  What is Principal
> Security Architect?  I take it you are in infosec.  I'm a programmer
> for your competitor Grumman myself.  I hate my job >:(

Yep.  I design the enterprise architecture that enforces security
across an entire enterprise's information technology infrastructure.
For the first time in a long time, I don't hate my job right now.  I've
given up the hectic world of contracting to take a "permanent" job for
a government agency in Washington, DC.  I am hoping to relax and have a
stable life for a while.

> I have little to lose with cryonics itself actually.  It's that my
> family is a smart but conventional bunch.

If my family can get used to me, anybody can get used to anything.  But
sometimes it's a long, slow process.

--
Harvey Newstrom, CISSP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC
<HarveyNewstrom.com>