[extropy-chat] Extropy Institute Sponsors TransVision 2004

Extropy Institute info at extropy.org
Tue Jun 22 14:35:40 UTC 2004

ExI is a Sponsor of TransVision 2004

Greetings!

We encourage you to join us at the upcoming
TransVision 2004 conference in Toronto, Canada,
August 6-8.
Toronto is a beautiful, illustrious city and a
perfect location for the gathering.  At the
conference you will meet
with Keynotes Steve
Mann and Stellarc.  But that is not all, as there will
be plenty of presentations by dozens of speakers.

I hope to see you at TransVision 2004!

Natasha Vita-More, President Extropy Institute
Upcoming Conference
* TransVision '04
 "Art and Life in the Posthuman Era"

TransVision '04
 "Art and Life in the Posthuman Era"
August 6-8, 2004

TransVision 2004 keynotes include such heavy hitters
of the art world as Steve Mann and Stelarc.  Other
speakers include famed scientist Aubrey de Grey
and "Reason" magazine's thought-provoking Ronald
Bailey.

Where & When
University of Toronto
Toronto, Canada
August 6 - 8, 2004

Cloning, stem cell research, cybernetics and other
novel reproductive and health technologies illustrate
the rapid pace at which society and culture are
changing. Our sense of who and what we are is
rapidly expanding and diversifying, as are our means
of expression and self-actualization. Consequently,
an exciting and provocative new community of social
activists, artists and cultural facilitators is emerging.
As art and life continue to reflect and create each
other, both are changing as we move into a
posthuman form and into a posthuman era.

TransVision 2004 seeks to capture and highlight
these trends by bringing together a wide array of
transhumanist thinkers, artists, scientists and
ethicists. In a celebration and investigation of the
new culture, TV04 will provide captivating and avant-
garde performance art and exhibitions, in concert
with academic discussions, debates and
presentations.

[...]

Register for TransVision 2004 NOW! (http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=liihb8n6.0.amw6b8n6.yb4rxun6.2058&p=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.transhumanism.org%2Ftv%2F2004%2Fregistration.shtml%23mainConference)

Extropy Institute
10709 Pointe View Drive
Austin, Texas 78738
512 263-2749
info at extropy.org
http://www.extropy.org

Extropy Institute is an international transhumanist
networking organization which advocates the
Proactionary Principle in addressing social
issues.  Extropy Institute does not support any one
political agenda.

Extropy Institute is a 501(c)(3) non-profit.

Forward email
http://ccprod.roving.com/roving/sa/fwtf.jsp?m=1011086851128&ea=extropy-chat@extropy.org&a=1011298312459

This email was sent to extropy-chat at extropy.org,
by info at extropy.org

Update Profile/Email Address
http://ccprod.roving.com/roving/d.jsp?p=oo&m=1011086851128&ea=extropy-chat@extropy.org&t=1011298312459

Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe(TM)
http://ccprod.roving.com/roving/d.jsp?p=un&m=1011086851128&ea=extropy-chat@extropy.org&t=1011298312459

Privacy Policy:
http://ccprod.roving.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp