[extropy-chat] Futurist priorities was ex-tropical

Mon Mar 1 14:46:54 UTC 2004

Mike Lorrey wrote,
> Better yet, everyone on the bus has a steering wheel, and the
> wheels are steered by the input of all. This is how markets
> work. The driver just monitors the inputs of each passenger
> so that the bus actually stays on a road, instead of in a
> ditch, but there is a limit to what the driver can do. If the
> majority of the passengers are convinced the bus is going to
> crash, it will crash.

This is a good analogy of how the market works.  It therefore bothers me
that I would never get on a bus such as you describe!

--
Harvey Newstrom, CISSP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC
Certified IS Security Pro, Certified IS Auditor, Certified InfoSec Manager,