[extropy-chat] Earthlink ?

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Tue Mar 2 17:08:00 UTC 2004

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 12:26:29AM -0500, Dan Clemmensen wrote:

> I did not figure this out soon enough, so when I moved ISPs, I stupidly
> moved to a new e-mail address
> with my new provider. My next move will move my presence to a domain
> that I control, regardless of my
> access.

I recommend GeekMail http://geekmail.com/ for your email needs. There are
eap domain registrars aplenty, and also free DNS services (I currently use
http://www.everydns.net/ ), but one could run a DNS server on one's own co-lo
machine -- these are down to 30 EUR/month, 100 GByte/month traffic included.
Virtual hosting is of course but a fraction of that.

There are several solutions for several user profiles. It depends on your
budget and your needs (and the amount of worst-case hassle you want to deal
with).

I'm curious how you're dealing with your online needs. Any name-dropping
welcome.