[extropy-chat] Vikings' Barbaric Bad Rap Beginning to Fade

Technotranscendence neptune at superlink.net
Fri Mar 5 21:18:07 UTC 2004

On Friday, March 05, 2004 12:40 PM Kevin Freels kevinfreels at hotmail.com
wrote:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/02/0217_040217_vikings.html

> I still didn;t see any mention about the horned
> helmets. The Vikings never wore them, yet
> mosty people think they did! Still lots of work
> to do here....

Of course, there's lots of work to be done, especially since Iceland
during Viking times is also an interesting long-lasting example of a
polycentric legal order in operation.  That's one of my main interests
in them.  (I'm not as much into the ethnic heritage angle as some.)

Regards,

Dan
http://uweb.superlink.net/neptune/MyWorksBySubject.html