[extropy-chat] POL: A tough election year

Kevin Freels kevinfreels at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 8 18:54:37 UTC 2004

Gee. It's going to be another tough election year.

On one side, an anti-gay christian that doesn't like stem-cell research,
cloning, and/or much else to do with technology unless it is a weapon. We're
in a war which may or may not be right, but since we're there, I'd prefer to
have him there rather than the other guy.....I just wish he would quit
stating that "God" is on our side!

Opposing him, a luddite that hates guns, thinks we should give Osama a fair
trial although he admitted to 911, and wants to raise my taxes after I just
got a tax cut. (No, I'm not wealthy!). He'll take that money and do what
with it? Use it for research? Use it on the space program? No. It just
depends on who he is speaking with. Either way, it is obvious he thinks
research and the space program are a waste compared to redistribution of
wealth. He's just about as full of shit as Clinton was. I can;t believe
anytrhing he says..unlike Bush who I may disagree withm but I can at least
believe half of what he says......

They are both enemies of freedom and progress. It is the same every election
year!

I looked at the list of Libertarian candidates and didn't see anyone that
looks like a winner. They need more balls, and need to focus on winning
instead of just saying whatever comes to mind. Mayne they should lie a bit
more often since that's what the public seems to respond to.

I sure wish someone here were running for President. Every single one of you
would probably be better than the available candidates!!!!

Kevin Freels