[extropy-chat] Cryogenics Economics- Estate Tax deferral?

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Wed Mar 10 09:25:49 UTC 2004

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 09:45:28PM -0500, David Lubkin wrote:

> I'd suggest dividing one's assets between a domestic perpetual trust and
> ones located in economically and politically stable countries without a
> Rule against Perpetuities. (Besides Liechtenstein, other jurisdictions
> apparently include Turks and Caicos, Cook Islands, Panama, and Nauru. Of
> these, Liechtenstein seems by far the safest.)

Long-term planning was always high-risk, but given the potential for
disruption the next half century to century will bring it appears to be quite useless to
plan centuries ahead.

Given the technology threshold required to resurrect cryonics patients, they
will find themselves in a place where their assets would be devoid of value
(and/or lost in the turmoil), and their only peers their resurrected contemporaries.

This isn't problematic per se (I'm quite cool with that), but not many
cryonicists seem to expect a future like this.