[extropy-chat] drunken fish

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 22 07:08:41 UTC 2004

> Subject: RE: [extropy-chat] drunken fish
>
> On Sun, 21 Mar 2004, Spike wrote:
>
> > Mike surely you need a good Seventh Day Adventist to explain this to
> > you: how JC could be sinless and still have provided the demon
liquor to
> > the wedding guests.  <snip story about Jesus serving grape juice>
>
> Hey, don't sell the identical Mormon explanation short!

Now I wonder who dreamed up that bit of absurdity and
who stole it from the other.  Perhaps both stole it from
some theologically-challenged third party.  How would we
google up the answer to that one?  To sharpen the question:
who first suggested that oinos could mean either fermented
wine or grape juice, in the face of counterevidence in the
form of the wedding guests comments about the wine?