[extropy-chat] Re: Nano-assembler feasibility - meta

Chris Phoenix cphoenix at CRNano.org
Tue Mar 30 04:14:46 UTC 2004

Brett Paatsch wrote:

> Chris Phoenix wrote
>
>> Brett, what is your purpose in holding this discussion?
 >
> When I ask you a question it is because I want you to answer it.

That's not what I asked.  When you think up a question to ask, how do
you decide whether it furthers your overall purpose?  And please don't
claim that you're a disinterested observer who just wants to stir the pot.

 > .... I backposted your response to the list because I saw an
 > opportunity to have a useful discussion and to better leverage
 > the value of that discussion.

And how will you know whether the discussion is useful and valuable?
How will you decide whether you have wasted your time?

I will think I've wasted my time if we do not start trading information
about technical issues.  So far I've made lots of technical assertions
and you've made very few.  Why should I keep talking to you?  Tell me
what you find useful and valuable, and maybe I'll support it.

> When they think they can work problems better. They can also
> make better determinations on which problems are worth their
> while to work.

So is this your goal--to help people determine whether molecular
manufacturing is worth their while to work on?  If so, what advice would
you give them?  I don't think you've actually contributed anything yet.

Chris

--
Chris Phoenix                                  cphoenix at CRNano.org
Director of Research