[extropy-chat] The spirit of humanity

Extropian Agroforestry Ventures Inc. megao at sasktel.net
Sun May 9 14:53:52 UTC 2004

Humanity is quite in need of a re-injection of a common sense of
purpose.
Our generation focuses  on  self-examination and self-satisfaction.
Once this process has run its course, the focus may shift to broader
goals.

Those goals, extropian or other are gradually being formulated here and
now.
As well, the technological tools to go ahead have been a  limiting
factor all the way along.

The Extropian meme seems to infer that forward movement must continue
and not be allowed to stagnate as has been done with human space travel
based events.

This stagnation, however may have been useful, as the technology first
used was
far too crude to have a long or useful future.  I firmly believe that
humans as we see them daily are not the species meant for space travel,
and we must re-invent the
species to fit the new medium.  As we near this possibility, the
practicality of human space travel and colonization becomes ever more
practicable.

Like fish were not meant to climb Everest, modern homo sapiens were not
meant to pilot starships.

Morris Johnson