[extropy-chat] Maximising Human Potential : Education : Toys

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Thu May 13 10:28:37 UTC 2004

On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 10:19:45AM +0930, Emlyn ORegan wrote:

> It would appear to me that minority oppressive regimes will not be
> able to survive in regions where ubiquitous inexpensive communications
> between individuals becomes available.

I've never heard they allow cellphones in Guantanamo Bay.

Something like peer to peer anonymizing traffic remixing on low-power
personal devices would sure be purty.

Which is why the authorities (EU, US, China, regardless where) would never
allow that to happen.

You have five choices:

( ) Terrorist ( ) Pedophile ( ) Intellectual Property violator ( ) Drug
trafficker ( ) Infidel

Which one of them are you? Oh, a vocal dissenter? Check all five, then.