[extropy-chat] UFO - Mexico Scare!

natashavita at earthlink.net natashavita at earthlink.net
Mon May 17 16:30:26 UTC 2004

From: Damien Broderick

At 11:44 AM 5/17/2004 -0400, Natasha wrote:

>http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/space/05/17/mexico.ufos.reut/index.html
>
>I love this type of real life scare because it helps educate the public and
>brings to the news explanations other than the mystical that cause
>otherwordly type events such as the "ball lightning" effect.

"I started a thread on this a couple of days ago. Ball lightning seems an
unlikely explanation, as does weather balloons. (These things were said to
be invisible to the eye but radar painted three of them and 11 were
detected by FLIR infrared detectors.) They are imaged going behind clouds
and coming out again, moving at a fair clip, hence unlikely to be blown by
wind."

Wonder what they might be. Hummm.

Natasha