[extropy-chat] UFO - Mexico Scare!

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Tue May 18 17:47:37 UTC 2004

At 06:30 PM 5/17/2004 +0200, 'gene wrote:

>Did they say what the estimated speed was? It didn't look like the usual UFO
>reports with madly dashing object, changing speed and direction in mid-course
>as no material object could.

The crew claim the unknowns did just that, in a recent interview:

===============

Interview with Lieutenant German Ramirez Marin. (non-FLIR) radar
operator.

Question: When was the first time you became aware of the
objects.

Answer: When we made a turn to route ourselves to Campeche, the
FLIR infrared camera operator detected a target without a shape,
just a shine. The target continued being observed with the FLIR.
Then we detected other targets at the left side of the plane.
They were eleven targets. We never had visual contact with them.

Question: The eleven targets appeared on the normal (non-
infrared) radar?

Answer. No. The eleven targets were not detected on the radar
screen. Initially, only one target was detected by the radar.
Then another target appeared at one o'clock, that's how we
describe the position that is in front but slightly to our
right. And then a third one in back of the plane. Those were the
only three targets that appeared in the radar screen during the
incident. The other ones that were at nine 'o clock, on our left
side never appeared on the radar.

Question: There was a time when these objects surrounded you.

Answer: Yes, we can assume that because we had information of a
target in the front, another one slightly to the right, one in
the back, and according to the FLIR several others on our left
side. So, we assumed that we were surrounded.

Question: Did you feel fear?

Answer: Fear...? Yes, personally, there was some fear because
we were confronting a situation that had never happened to us
before.

Question: The objects movements on the radar were out of the
ordinary?

Answer: Certainly. Our data information - most of all, the icons
(blips), the clusters - were always there on the screen, but the
information on their movements was constantly changing. Their
speed changes were sudden, 60 -120- 300 knots, according to the
radar information.

The same happened with their flight paths. The courses showed 90
degrees at first then, suddenly, 130 degrees on the radar
screen.

Question: What does that mean?

Answer: It means that the target changed direction constantly
at great speed. There is no aircraft that can perform such
direction changes so quickly.

FWIW. More at
http://www.virtuallystrange.net/ufo/updates/2004/may/m18-008.shtml

Damien