[extropy-chat] FWD (UFO UpDate) Re: Translation Of Page On March '04 Mexico UFOs

Terry W. Colvin fortean1 at mindspring.com
Mon May 17 22:51:15 UTC 2004

["The report is there were no visual sightings."  These anomalies were "seen"
by infrared and radar.  -twc]

From: Bruce Maccabee <brumac at compuserve.com>
To: UFO UpDates - Toronto <ufoupdates at virtuallystrange.net>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 12:20:26 -0400
Subject: Re: Translation Of Page On March '04 Mexico UFOs

>From: Larry Hatch <larryhatch at sysmatrix.net>
>To: ufoupdates at virtuallystrange.net
>Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 11:17:32 -0700
>Subject: Re: Translation Of Page On March '04 Mexico UFOs

>>From: Bruce Maccabee <brumac at compuserve.com>
>>To: UFO UpDates - Toronto <ufoupdates at virtuallystrange.net>
>>Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 22:49:41 -0400
>>Subject: Re: Translation Of Page On March '04 Mexico UFOs

>1) Is it true that the pilots/crew of the MX surveillance plane
>had no visual sighting whatsoever, not even lights?

The report is there were no visual sightings. (Objects might
have been to small to see at a distance of 2 miles or more, or
were of the same general "color" as the background so there was
no visual contrast with the sky)

>2) IF so, may I assume that they were tracking the objects
>on radar only? -or-

Initial contact on radar. as I understand it, as they approached
from the initial 37(?) miles contact distance they were
surprised that they couldn't see anything so they turned on the
FLIR system. If they were following an airplane, the flir would
have picked up the exhaust port heat,so it makes some sense to
turn on the flir, even though it is used ,I believe, mostly at
night (can see the hot engines).  Reportedly only 3 objects
showed on radar. Don't know exactly what this means. Anyone have
radar data?

>3) Were they also tracking the objects on their infra-red gear
>in real-time as well as recording the IR images?

They were pointing the IR imager toward the objects. In this
sense "tracking" in real time and recording.

>Clearly they had to 'see' the objects somehow, due to the
>descriptions of how they retreated, and returned in greater
>numbers.

The "seeing" was bymeans of the IR imager.

>- and for the Mexican sources:

>4) How long have these drug interception flights been going on?
>I mean with these specific particular types of aircraft and
>surveillance equipment (IR etc.)

>5) Is the particular model infra-red camera something very
>recent, or has it been in use for months or years?

The Star Sapphire system is not the state of the art, but is a
very good analogue system which costs a mere $400,000. So
everyone should have one! Don't know how long the Mexican AF has
had this particular model. May be able to find out.

>6) Are similar aircraft, IR gear etc. being used along the
>coastlines and northern border in addition to the Southern
>states (Campeche etc.)?

>Sorry for all the questions. I have listed the case, along with
>a somewhat similar one from Omaha, Nebraska in the same month.
>(source: Peter Davenport). As aircraft encounters, they are
>especially interesting.

Don't know the corrdinates at the beginning of the flight./
About the middle (?) of the flight the corrdinates were 18 deg
28.16 min lat, 90 deg 35.84 longitude

--
"Only a zit on the wart on the heinie of progress." Copyright 1992, Frank Rice

Terry W. Colvin, Sierra Vista, Arizona (USA) < fortean1 at mindspring.com >
     Alternate: < fortean1 at msn.com >
Home Page: < http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/8958/index.html >
Sites: * Fortean Times * Mystic's Haven * TLCB *
      U.S. Message Text Formatting (USMTF) Program