[extropy-chat] Gunnar Graps 1951-2004

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Tue May 18 10:06:07 UTC 2004

Dan Clemmensen:

(thank you for your nice message)
>I was unaware of Gunnar until you posted this notice.

Thirteen years ago he spent some time in the US, where he hoped
to make it big. I think that he thought record producers would be
enthusiastically waiting on his doorstep, a situation where his
expectations didn't meet reality. His true audience was on the
other side of the Atlantic.

>Is any of his music available for download?

There are some samples here
http://www.everyday.mp3.ee/?CatID=74&action=artist&AID=274

I heard that he just completed another CD, I guess that they are
mostly available in Estonia. His heavy metal music is not my
favorite music, so I don't follow it. Sometimes he makes good
blues music, though, which I like alot more.

>I would like to participate in the memorial service by listening
>to some. An artist never truly dies as long as his art is
>appreciated.

The club is here. They haven't updated their web site, and I don't
know if the music will be streamed live. I will try to find out.

http://www.inyourpocket.com/estonia/tallinn/en/venue?id=ESTAENX0077
http://www.scotlandyard.ee/

Amara Graps, PhD          email: amara at amara.com
Computational Physics     vita:  ftp://ftp.amara.com/pub/resume.txt
Multiplex Answers         URL:   http://www.amara.com/