[extropy-chat] Re: monty hall paradox again: reds and green gorfs

scerir scerir at libero.it
Fri May 21 16:45:31 UTC 2004

> I agree with this as well, in fact I may write a sim
> to prove it, however the result seems paradoxical to me.  Its as
> if the act of opening and peering into your envelope somehow
> causes the amount in the other one to change.  The whole
> question has caused me to look at the Schoedinger's cat
> paradox in a whole new light.
- spike

No, no. The Einstein-de Broglie boxes are much better.
A friend of mine wrote something, recently, (and forgot
to mention the most interesting issues !). Let me see,
yes, here it is http://www.arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0404016

Of course in QM the problem is: what the quantum-theoretical
description is about? Physical states (objects)?
Available information about physical states?
Images of physical procedures (measurements,
pre-measurements, set-up, post-selections, etc.)
defining physical states ("contextuality")?

Dunno if there is the same bifurcation here (MH):
reality or available information?

Regards,
s.