[extropy-chat] balloon stations at the edge of space

Henrique Moraes Machado - HeMM hemm at br.inter.net
Mon May 24 18:33:54 UTC 2004

-----Mensagem Original-----
De: "Robert J. Bradbury" <bradbury at aeiveos.com>
Para: "ExI chat list" <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Enviada em: segunda-feira, 24 de maio de 2004 14:21
Assunto: Re: [extropy-chat] balloon stations at the edge of space

(...)
| There would seem to be at least 7+ countries that have
| more or less independently resolved the question of
| bomb production and at least one, perhaps three countries
| that have resolved the question of how to send rockets
| to the moon.  Producing nuclear propelled spaceships
| launched from the moon is not a question of technology
| it is a question of desire.
(...)

It's more a question of money. The costs are astronomic (no pun intended). I agree that it's possible. There are plans for nuclear ships since (if I'm not wrong) the sixties. I'd like to see one before I pass (or before I have my brain uploaded... :-)