[extropy-chat] balloon stations at the edge of space

Dan Clemmensen dgc at cox.net
Tue May 25 13:20:01 UTC 2004

Henrique Moraes Machado - HeMM wrote:

> [...]
Please see the link for a history of the NS Savannah, a Nuclear-powered
ship. Comissioned in 1965, she was decomissioned in 1971 because she was
not well designed for economical freight handling. This had nothing to
do with her power plant. Of course, there are many nuclear-powered
submarines, also.

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/NS%20Savannah