[extropy-chat] Extropian Principles 3.0, Russian translation

Gennady Ra anyservice at cris.crimea.ua
Thu May 27 08:09:14 UTC 2004

At 08:31 AM 5/26/04 -0700, you, Robert,  wrote:
>On Tue, 25 May 2004, Gennady Ra wrote:
>> My Russian translation of Extropian Principles 3.0 is now available at
>> http://home.cris.net/~anyservice/principles-ru.html

>Gennady,
>My Russian is not good enough to judge whether this is the best
>translation (no criticism here -- simply self observation). The best
>person who might have been able to judge a translation would have been
>Sasha but unfortunately he is no longer with us.

>But however -- it is always good to have the general extropian
>perspectives translated for other cultures(!).  And so thank
>you for providing the translation.

Robert,

Great thanks for your reply.

And I use this occasion to thank you for your infinitely ambitious and
inspirational Matrioshka Brain and many deep comments that I read on this
forum.

I am a good mix to perform the translation: a native Russian speaker with a
university degree in Russian philology who works as a translator from and
into English for the Crimean Chamber of Commerce and Industry, with strong
affinity  for extropian/transhumanist ideas and Max More's texts, and piety
to both languages.

I'd like to believe I succeeded in conveying the energy, ideas, style, ethos,
spirit and "drive" of the original document. Disseminating of the principles
is the least I could do to reciprocate Max More for the writings and efforts
advancing our future, and for the positive impact they have on my life.

Let's hope the translation will be as encouraging and inspirational for the
Russians as the original Principles were for me.

Best!

Gennady