[extropy-chat] Bush wants another $75 billion for wars

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 1 15:32:22 UTC 2004

--- Al Brooks <kerry_prez at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I've heard that morale in the lower levels of management is generally
> quite poor today because those at the top are allegedly rewarded much
> more than mid & lower level managers are. Do you know anything about
> this?

Those I know in management tend to have poor morale because the primary
ethic of those at the top these days seems to be figuring out many ways
to screw the workforce, loot the company, and get rewarded by the
stockholders for doing so, all while making the lower and middle
management do all the dirty work of implementing it.

>From an austrian economic point of view, one might say that they are
forcing an uncompetitive company to survive or die as it should in a
darwinian plenum, but those in lower and middle management who believe
in the mission of the company often see that they and their workers are
an irreplaceable component of that company's success.

Part of the problem is a factor which has been much talked about, but
never fixed: that government regulations force corporate managment to
focus on short term gains rather than long term growth.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)