[extropy-chat] Bush wants another $75 billion for wars

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Mon Nov 1 21:38:01 UTC 2004

--- Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Part of the problem is a factor which has been much
> talked about, but
> never fixed: that government regulations force
> corporate managment to
> focus on short term gains rather than long term
> growth.

Which regulations are those?  I thought the problem
was responsibility to shareholders are free to
purchase shares without believing in, or even
knowing, the company's plans for long term growth,
and thus focus only on the short term data (which
must also be provided, to try to prevent scams) and
demand immediate return on investment.  This would not
ultimately place responsibility on the government
regulations.