[extropy-chat] Aw Nuts! Bush Wins...

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 3 16:31:06 UTC 2004

--- Patrick Wilken <Patrick.Wilken at Nat.Uni-Magdeburg.DE> wrote:
> What do you think the lasting positive legacy of Bush's presidency is
> going to be?

When the LP VP candidate, Richard Campagna, asked me what I thought
would ensure the success of the FSP, I said, "Patriot Acts II, III, IV,
and V, or conversely, Brady Act II, III, and IV".

Seeing as Bush's tax cuts were engineered by Grover Norquist, who has a
libertarian history, I have begun to suspect that there is a group of
individuals in the Bush camp which would be entirely happy with the
entire collapse of the US federal system, if it does not willingly
subject itself to a major downsizing, perhaps individuals who want to
bring about the sort of monetary collapse that Neal Stephenson
predicted as the prelude to the setting of his novel Snow Crash.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)